Careers | WordPress Developer
We are a growing full-service marketing agency looking to add another Thinker/Doer to our ranks. In this case, we’re looking for someone who lives and breathes frontend/backend WordPress development.
This position is the perfect blend of strategy and execution with a healthy dose of support from our marketing strategists and designers. And, you’ll not only be an integral part of our team, but will have extensive interaction with our clients and partners.
What You Know
We’re looking for someone with:
- 1+ year(s) of back-end development using PHP and MySQL.
- History of experience in WordPress theme and plugin development.
- Working knowledge of WordPress Codex and template hierarchy.
- Familiarity with underscores and Foundation 6 preferred.
- Familiarity with SEO best practices.
- General aspects of web server administration, such as hosting, DNS, backup, monitoring, and security.
- Implementation of current e-commerce approaches and solutions.
What You’ll Do
In addition to the core tasks listed above, we’ll look to you for help with internal and client projects that includes:
- Working collaboratively with team members and clients to define project features and scope.
- Maximizing the capabilities of the WordPress platform, creating custom post types and content models, leveraging related plugins…and knowing when to suggest working in another framework.
- Creating custom WordPress themes from design assets that work across all major browsers, platforms, and devices.
- Entering, maintaining, and updating site content.
- Optimizing site performance and reliability.
- Testing site for function and usability.
- Working with additional frameworks, such as digital/email/automated marketing platforms.
Of course, you’ll also need:
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and organization skills.
- The ability to work independently and collaboratively with our team.
- Enthusiasm, a thick skin, a sense of humor and outside interests.
- An eagerness to operate in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- The ability to learn quickly and adapt to change.
Please send the following to email@example.com:
- Cover letter
- 3 References
- Samples of your work with an explanation of your role in each project
If you would just like more information about the position or Rowland Creative, contact us at 814.308.0358.