Careers | Account Manager
Rowland Creative is an established, full-service marketing agency located in State College, PA. While our business is focusing primarily on clients in the Higher Education market, we proudly maintain relationships with B2B technology companies and non-profit organizations as well. Our agency is staffed with expertly skilled and seasoned strategists, project managers, designers, marketers, and developers. At this time, we seek to expand our client services team with the addition of an experienced client relationship manager or “Account Manager”.
We are seeking an experienced Account Manager to join our team and elevate our level of client services. We believe that creating and maintaining a positive and effective working relationship with our clients is essential to the success of our clients and our business.
Education Requirements: A bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, business or a similar major. A master’s degree or equivalent experience is a plus.
Recommended Skills: MacOS; G-Suite user; familiarity with project management and time-tracking software; standard word-processing applications.
Ability to engage collaboratively with various people and personalities of varying functional roles; excellent communication skills and the ability to influence decisions; excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to represent the agency; ability to problem solve and think creatively.
As an ideal candidate, you have prior experience as part of a marketing team. You enjoy working closely with clients, fostering new relationships, and nurturing existing ones. The primary role of the account manager will be managing the relationship with clients, serving as the main point of contact, and being the liaison between our clients and the agency team.
You have a natural ability to listen with intention, evaluate and analyze complex information, and build a comprehensive understanding of the client’s needs. You will also be responsible for stewarding the strategic direction developed by the Lead Strategist and agency President. Comfort with challenging conversations and problem-solving is important, as you will handle the day-to-day communications with our clients.
This position can further be defined by the following set of responsibilities:
- Manage a portfolio of client accounts and monitor the ongoing activities related to them
- Conduct meetings with clients as well as inform them about the status of their projects
- Establish relationships with new clients, and maintain and nurture business relationships with existing clients
- Identify opportunities to reengage clients
- Steward strategic marketing plan on behalf of the agency
- Represent and communicate the needs of the clients
You’ll be expected to:
- Exhibit excellent communication skills and manage client communications
- Read social signs and intervene before conflicts arise
- Establish and maintain client expectations
- Lead the client and sell recommendations that are in their best interest
- Collaborate with the Project Manager, Lead Strategist and the rest of the Rowland team
- Exhibit strong judgment and decision-making skills
- Maintain scope and budget thresholds
- Understand and fill the role of client advocate while working internally with the rest of the Rowland team
- Obtain necessary data from the client, even when their cooperation is challenging
- Look for opportunities to grow the client relationship through ongoing work
Please send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Cover letter and Resume
- 3 References
- Examples of your work (if applicable) with an explanation of your role in each project
If you would like more information about the position or Rowland Creative, contact us at 814.308.0358.